Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The week that was...


From Sunday to Sunday, perhaps it was the most eventful week ever. What more could I ask? It all stated on 30th march. Dad had been telling about the “Chitte Park” in Bannerghatta. Chitte? There are lots of them in our college, I was thinking of telling him. I had to be alive to write this blog, so I didn’t dare.

Mom’s cousin, Manu too was enthusiastic about this picnic thing. And on 30th, we filled our vehicle’s tank full of fuel and started off… It had been a while since I had visited, so, it was refreshing. With my little cousin, Navya, it was still refreshing. I have visited Bannerghatta 5 times now. It has become a tradition now that whenever I go there, it rains. Oh man, this time, it lashed out hard. We had shelter, and had rest for about an hour.

Tuesday came… That was the day we went to our college with...er… our uniforms. There was a mini photo session, with all the mobiles clicking everywhere in class. The class was on fire – literally. We were like, baked in an Owen. But, most of them looked descent. After all, we are professional engineers in the making…

As the week progressed, the class strength kept coming down – like a negative exponential slope. By Saturday, we were roughly only 25 in class. It happened so, that I had bunked the previous day, but present on Saturday. One subject’s internal blue book was yet to be corrected. The lecturer came on Saturday and announced that those present that day would be getting the full marks. Wow… this was too good to be happening, I thought. But the lucky fairy was in our court. There had been a change in lecturer and the new one had too little time left to do all these correction stuff. Poor girls, they never seem to bunk classes, they were absent that day! So, here is my word of advice – especially to the girls - attend classes regularly, like me (I will be beaten for that, I can sense that!)

Was that it? Wait. Again, Sunday came, it was another picnic. This time around, it was huge. Nearly 40 from my mom’s family came together. We had to get a mini bus booked for us. It was a trip to “Karighatta” - a place near Srirangapattana. With all my cousins together, place didn’t matter. We had the last seats of the bus for us. You know how it could be. Believe me, it was much noisier. We all dived into the river in the afternoon, although we were not supposed to. Then on, the elders visited the “Nimishamba” temple. What we did? We caught all those who had money to get us something to eat or drink.

Well, after all this, it was Ugadi on Monday! What better week could I ask for?

Here are a couple of links... Do check them out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bharaths9688/BannerghattaPicnic?authkey=Wp-hkshRGO8

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/bharaths9688/1stDayInUniform?authkey=zY2v0W91fi0

http://picasaweb.google.com/ksuhasu/BigFamilyTrip

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/bharaths9688/SrirangapattanaTrip?authkey=afdcv3dzx-c

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Full busy in roaming around the lovely places know??..

That's fundoo..One should always find time to be with nature..
Enjoying the days..good keep it up.

The 'Ekaangi' said...

guess the lucky charm still continues....
U must already be havin fun, lots of people at home, and U also get a treat on sunday ... at the nearest dosa corner !