Friday, April 11, 2008


It has become quiet a habit now – watch movies between internals. There were days, when I used to mark the dates on the calendar and count the number of days remaining. Atleast, I had fear then. Now…

About the movie…

I had watched Ramesh’s previous 2 movies as director. As an actor, I had liked the versatility in him. Since I was not “impressed” with his first 2 movies (I enjoyed, though), I had no expectations. The only thing I knew was this was a suspense thriller kinda movie. In the first 15 minutes you’ll get introduced to the theme of the story – an accident, or is it?

Our hero, Ramesh is an RJ. His wife, Rekha is a school teacher. She is killed in the ‘car – train collision’. Ramesh suspects this to be a murder. She had involvements in social activities, which he thinks has led to the murder. He, along with his friends, hunt for clues. That’s all I will say. What’s the point in me telling you the story of a suspense movie!

There are a couple of songs, I felt absurd. Songs in movies – I feel – remind us that everything happening can’t be true. This movie specially, although they were OK, I didn’t enjoy. The cast, which included Rekha, Pooja Gandhi, Mohan, and Thilak, had no depth in their character. The RJs, played a “blink and you miss” part in the movie. Nothing special with the direction. The story was OK for a suspense movie. Of course, there were domains where you could say, “Hey, that’s bogus”. Especially the last quarter of the movie, you get to say this quiet a few times.

Despite these, the movie is quiet an entertainer. You’ll be at your seats for the 2 hours of the movie. The movie belongs entirely to Ramesh. He is very natural, as always. Thanks to him again, he has not given anyone a bigger role as none of them are able to don bigger characters. On the whole, the movie is worth the money you spend. You won’t be coming back feeling “I want my money back”. I’m giving this a modest 3 stars out of 5.

One thing I want to clarify. Although I haven't watched the old "Accident", from what I have heard, this has nothing to do the old one.

My Rating: * * * for 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bharath,

I am Rajesh from SiliconIndia. I am also an avid blogger for a while now and participating actively in Indian blogosphere. I read your blog posting and found them very interesting and informative. We would love to see a copy of your blogs posted here, whenever you are posting it on blogger.com. Here are some of the benefits of posting your blogs here:

We have a strong community of 500,000 Indian professionals
Best blogs of 2008 to be published in a book "SiliconIndia bLoG PrinT"
Best blog to be printed in SliconIndia & SmartTechie magazines each month
Chance to be featured on homepage everyday


We appreciate your community initiative here and in helping build a more powerful India! Also, if you have any ideas or want to volunteer to help for SiliconIndia, we would be more than excited to get your help.

Rajesh

rajesh@siliconindia.com
98867 34775